FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT | STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP | OPERATIONAL & RISK MANAGEMENT
- Highly driven, entrepreneurial and qualified chartered accountant with over 9 years progressive and proven track record in enhancing Finance Departments.
- Consistently recognised for having a strong work ethic, flexibility, intellectual honesty, self-awareness, accountability and a keen ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders. Meticulous and detailed in planning, problem solving and execution.
- Entrusted not only to advise on best financial practices and controls in challenging environments but also to ensure successful implementation and monitoring thereof.
ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING MANAGER - EFERTON GROUP, UAE | Nov 2015 - present
A privately owned global company with a growing and diverse investment portfolio including mine development and related support services to supply chain management, logistics, farming and agriculture.
- Invited on board by the GM (Former GM at GlencoreXstrata) and CFO to set up the accounting function of a metal trading division start-up. Forming part of the core metal trading team comprised of Trade Finance Manager, Treasury Manager, Risk Manager, Operations Manager and Traders.
- Reporting to the CFO, responsible for efficient operation of transactional accounting, control, reporting and analysis.
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER - CREATION ALEXANDRE MIYA PARIS LTD, UAE | Aug 2014 - Nov 2015
One of the leading and renowned international distributors of fragrances and cosmetics in the Middle East region since 1981, managing and supporting more than 40 luxury brands and partnering with top retailers and distributors in the region.
- Reporting to the General Manager, this was a new position created to develop strategies, to solve critical business operational challenges, to enhance the back office operations and to implement appropriate systems and controls.
- Overall objective was to lead, transform and ensure optimal functioning of 6 key areas: Finance and Accounting, Supply Chain, IT, Human Resources, Compliance and Corporate Governance. Successfully managing a team of 2 Accounts Assistants, 1 Senior Treasury and Accounts Manager, 8 Warehouse staff, 1 Receptionist, 1 PRO and 1 Driver.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - GLENCORE XSTRATA PLC. (Formerly Xstrata), UAE | Jul 2011 - Jul 2014
One of the world’s largest global diversified mining companies and a major producer and trader of more than 90 commodities.
- Responsible for daily accounting and reporting for a $6billion revenue generating copper trading entity and for maintaining the highest level of accuracy, efficiency and IFRS conformity leading to the Glencore and Xstrata Merger.
- Took on the day to day responsibilities of the Finance Manager in the last year of the business, providing advice to the General Manager and responding efficiently to urgent and new group reporting requirements during a period of rapid change and transition following the merger.
KPMG, UAE and South Africa | Jan 2007 - Jul 2011
SENIOR ASSOCIATE – FORENSIC RISK CONSULTANT – Jun 2010 to Jul 2011
- Participated and provided support to key staff members in complex investigations and contract compliance reviews involving financial crimes, including potential policy violations, anti-money laundering and anti-corruption laws.
- Industries: Oil & Gas, Private Equity, Financial Services.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE – AUDIT CONSULTANT – Dec 2009 to May 2010
- Assigned as on-the ground audit senior, providing support to senior management by ensuring that the team completes the work in the budgeted time frame and cost. Developing and performing adequate audit procedures to give comfort over client management assertions over significant accounts.
- Industries: Construction, Oil trade, Hotel Supplies, Ship Construction and Chartering, and Investment Holdings.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – ASSURANCE SERVICES - KPMG, South Africa | Jan 2007 - Dec 2009
- Completed rigorous audit training on corporate governance, tax, management accounting, IAS and IFRS. Initially providing support to audit seniors. Later supervised teams to ensure the successful completion of financial statement audit engagements.
- Industries: Healthcare technology, Steel, Technology, FMCG, Investment Holdings, Hospitality and Government.
- Chartered Accountant of South Africa (CA (SA)), 2010 | South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SA was ranked #1 out of 139 countries in the ranking of auditing and financial reporting standards by the World Economic Forum’s 2010-11 Global Competitiveness Report)
- Post Graduate Diploma - Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA), 2008 | University of South Africa
- B. Com Financial Accounting 2005 (Business Science Degree with a dual Finance and Accounting major converted to B.Com to focus on Accounting in final year) | University of Cape Town (University ranked #1 in Africa by Quacquarelli Symonds)
- Full Cycle Accounting
- Budgets & Financial Planning
- Process Improvement
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Financial Analysis
- Communication and Presentation
- Management reporting Financial Modelling
- People Management
- IFRS Compliance
- Supply Chain Management
- Internal and Cost Controls
- Expense analysis and Monitoring
- Management decision support
- Strategy Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Change Management
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- International Auditing Standards (IAS)
- Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance (forecasting )
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- SAP ERP System / Topman Accounting System / MIS
- Aquarius Brady System(Trading, Risk and Contract management)
- Calumo Business Intelligence Too